- I’ve suffered from back and joint aches and pains for a while now and would like to be free from pain.
- I often feel stiff and would like to become more active to get fitter and stronger.
- I know that my posture could be better and that sitting down for long periods doesn’t help.
- I know I could be fitter but I don’t like the gym and don’t know where to start.
- I often feel stressed and would love to be able to relax and take some ‘me’ time.
- I’m fairly fit and active and would like to continue this way for many more years to come.
You’d like to be free from aches and pains, feel fitter, stronger, have great posture and be a little more flexible but aren’t sure where to start. You’d like to take care of yourself better to be healthier now and long into the future. You prefer the social side of working in a group and like the motivation, support and accountability that brings.
Where you’re at:
- You’ve had treatment from a healthcare professional but there’s not much more they can do to alleviate your symptoms. Your pain feels better after your treatment but it soon creeps back in and you’d like a more long term solution.
- You are not very active and feel stiff especially in the mornings, you would love to get more active and feel fitter.
- You sit for too long either in a deskbound/driving job or spend hours hunched over a computer or gardening and your posture is suffering.
- You know exercise is good for you and you would like to get fitter but you don’t belong (or want to belong) to a gym and have no idea what to do next.
- You are already fairly active and don’t tend to have many aches or pains but would like to keep it that way and ensure your body stays fit, strong and flexible for years to come.
What obstacles might be holding you back:
- You are fed up of living with pain but are also worried that exercise will make your issues worse.
- You have heard that Pilates will help with your aches, pains and stiffness but you are nervous about starting a class. You are worried you won’t fit in or be good enough in the class and hold others back.
- You are not used to exercise and are worried that it will be too hard or that you won’t be able to keep up or keep it up – starting something new is pretty scary.
- You live a busy life and wonder if you will be able to commit to a regular class.
- You’ve tried Pilates at the gym but the class was too big, you couldn’t follow the instructions, you got not individual correction and it made your pain worse.
What you need help with right now:
- Guidance and support on how to look after your body yourself so you can be pain free on a long term basis and cut down or cut out those visits to the osteo or physio to get ‘fixed’ short term.
- Learn how to rectify the underlying problems such as imbalances around the joints, weak core stabilisation of the pelvis and spine and poor posture rather than simply treating the symptoms.
- Become more active in a friendly and welcoming environment with others like you who have experienced similar issues and similar worries about getting started.
- Be encouraged to challenge yourself and come just outside your comfort zone in order to become a fitter and stronger version of you with the safety net of support and guidance from an experienced teacher giving you individual attention/correction.
- Be allowed as an individual to develop and progress at your own pace, to recognise your strengths and weaknesses and not feel under pressure to compete with others who have different strengths and weaknesses to you.
- Learn how to stand, sit and move better with focus on good postural alignment and sound movement patterns and learn to let go of stress, be mindful and feel more relaxed and energised.
- Invest time and energy in yourself and your health now and for the future because you are worth it and you only get one body. If you don’t look after it no one else will. Commit to a regular class to give you the motivation and accountability you need.
The programme that would suit you best:
For guidance in a group environment along with the motivation, accountability, support and social aspect of having others like you around you Small Group Classes would suit you best. To find out more, complete the enquiry form below.