- I’ve suffered from back pain for years – I’ve seen the doctor and had treatment from a physiotherapist but nothing seems to take it away long term. I’m frustrated and don’t know what else to do.
- Pain and stiffness is part of my life and sometimes stops me doing what I’d like to or need to do. I’m fed up with it now.
- I want to be more flexible and be able to move more easily and without pain.
- I know my posture could be better and I’d like to sort this out before it gets worse and starts giving me problems in my neck, back, shoulders and hips.
- I’m fairly fit and active but I’m prone to aches and pains, probably due to spending too long at my desk at work.
You’d like to be free from aches and pains, feel fitter, stronger, have great posture and be a little more flexible but aren’t sure where to start. You’d like to take care of yourself better to be healthier now and long into the future. You have heard Pilates will be of benefit but don’t feel comfortable learning in the group environment. You prefer a more personal, one to one situation where you will get an individually tailored programme to suit your specific needs. You feel that your issues need a little more detailed personal attention and would like the more individual support and rapid results that one to one training brings.
Where you’re at:
- You’ve seen one or more medical healthcare professionals, but despite your treatment your pain is recurring and you don’t know where else to turn. You may have been recommended to do Pilates, but you don’t know how to get started.
- You are not able to get done what you need to, or enjoy the things you love as your pain and stiffness hold you back. You just want to be able to lead an active and pain free life.
- Your job dictates you sit too long, possibly hunched over a desk, and it’s wreaking havoc on your posture. Without help, you know that this is only going one way!
- You are fairly active and even sporty, but despite this you still suffer from aches and pains, especially after that long walk/round of golf/spurt of gardening. You may even be prone to injury in your sport. You’re frustrated because, after all, you are trying your best to be active.
What obstacles might be holding you back:
- In the back of your mind you don’t believe that anything will get rid of your pain. You are almost starting to resign yourself to thinking it’s something you just have to live with and accept as part of your life.
- You worry that exercise will make your issues worse.
- You know Pilates will help but can’t face joining a class and having to exercise in front of other people. For you exercise is a very private matter.
- You have never done any exercise like Pilates before and you’re not sure what to expect, or if you will be able to do the exercises. You are anxious about making a fool of yourself.
- You lead a busy life and worry that you can’t really fit in a new exercise programme.
- You’re pretty motivated and feel ready to commit to becoming fitter, stronger and more flexible but just don’t know how to get started.
What you need help with right now:
- Gradually changing your mindset to realise you do not have to live with pain on a daily basis and that you are not a lost cause. You can take back control over your life. The body is amazing at healing itself given the right tools.
- Building your confidence that exercise and movement are good for your health – movement is what your body is designed for – and getting the correct support and guidance you need to get moving well and become more active.
- Learning how to deal with the underlying issues that cause your aches and pains such as poor posture, imbalances around the joints and weak core stabilisation of the pelvis and spine rather than just treating the symptoms that keep recurring.
- Encouragement and support on a one to one basis that will be tailored to your own specific individual needs and allow you to work at the level you’re at on that day and learn and progress at your own pace.
- Support to stop putting yourself at the bottom of the list, to make changes and find time in your life to commit to something new that will be an investment in your health for now and the future. You are worth it and remember you only get one body.
- Discovering how to look after your body to help you stay fit and active for longer, ease your aches pains, help prevent injury and keep doing the things you love with ease.
The programme that would suit you best:
For tailored, individual guidance and detailed personal attention leading to quicker results in a relaxed, supportive and encouraging environment the One to One Tuition will suit you best. To find out more, complete the enquiry form below.